Your Stay with Us
GİSBİR PUTS YOUR CARE FIRST
When you come to Gisbir Hospital for treatment we will do everything we can to make your stay with us as pleasant as possible. You and your accompanying loved ones will be given every possible assistance and guidance to make you feel at home; every effort is made to keep you fully informed throughout the process.
If you are coming toGisbir Hospital for surgery or a procedure, you will have already seen your doctor, and made the decision to go ahead. We will have confirmed the date and time you need to come to hospital, as well as special instructions. These may include:
- If you are to undergo a procedure under sedation or general anesthetic, you will need to fast from food for six hours, and water for two hours, unless you have been advised otherwise by your consultant.
- You may have a light meal six hours before surgery, and you are encourage to have sips of water up to two hours before your surgery.
- You should stop chewing gum at least two hours before your procedure.
- You may take your regular medication as advised, with sips of water.
- Please check which medication you must stop before your surgery, especially if you are diabetic or if you take blood thinning medication (such as but not limited to, Warfarin, Aspirin, Coumadin).
- Please contact us in the event you are not sure about the fasting requirements and what medication you need to stop.
If you are having a procedure which involves sedation and/or general anesthetic and you are being discharged on the same day, you need to arrange for a friend or relative to take you home (or to your hotel or other accommodation) by car, and look after you for 24 hours after the procedure. Gisbir Hospital’s international patient services department will be happy to help with any necessary arrangements.
You should take a shower or bath using soap on the day of your procedure, or the night before. You should remove all body piercings, contact lenses, make-up and nail polish before your operation to reduce carriage of bacteria, and to allow your skin and nails to be evaluated for healthy circulation.
INTERPRETERS & ASSISTANCE
Our team of interpreters and international patient assistants is always on hand to help you understand information about your procedure once you are at Gisbir hospital.
You will be informed if other tests need to be taken before the procedure such as a blood test, urinalysis, X-ray, MRI or CT scans.
not feelıng well BEFORE YOUR Procedure?
If you are sick, have a cold or flu, or if there have been any recent changes in your health condition, call your surgeon a few days before coming in for surgery.
SMOKING AND ALCOHOL
We encourage that you do not smoke or drink alcohol for at least 24 hours before your surgery. Naturally it is better if you abstain from these substances for a longer period, but even a 24 hour period of abstinence is helpful.
If you have any particular needs in terms of additional carer services in or out of the hospital, please inform our international patient services department secretary in advance so that Gisbir Hospital can make the appropriate arrangements.